photo beautiful_zpsda647654.jpg
About ME I Peace Corps GUATEMALA I Foreign Service TIMELINE

Obligatory Disclaimer

this blog is not endorsed by Peace Corps, the Foreign Service, nor by the U.S. Government. it is, however, endorsed by awesomeness.


Thursday, February 27, 2014

What a day!

Today has been...pretty awesome. Not only did I get paid, but I received a passing score on the FSOT and found out that DOS has granted me TOP SECRET security clearance! What the what?! Friday is certainly going to be a celebration! ;)


  1. Congrats on your passing scores AND your TS/SCI Clearance! Good Luck on the Medicals and the Final Review!

  2. Congrats! I just passed the February FSOT after also being convinced that I'd fail the essay. I really appreciate all of the great advice on your blog. I was wondering if I could ask you a PN question since you were successful? I am thinking about using an example from high school. I'm eight years out now but I think it would be my strongest example. Do you think that would be a terrible idea? I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice!

    1. I see no reason to throw it out just because it's from 8 years ago while you were in high school. Some of our best learning experiences come from when we were youths. Also, high school was only 8 years ago for you; I think it would be different if it were 15 or 20 years ago. If it's a clear, strong narrative, use it!